The new song I have on my myspace page came out a LONNNNG time ago. Its called In the Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics, The first time I ever heard it was when my Uncle Jake died. It was playing when someone called to tell my Dad. Ever since then when I hear it I think of Uncle Jake, when he would come spend the night with us, his teenytiny apartment on McHenry with the super scary rickty stairs. His after shave and flannel shirts. And his deep belly laugh. I remember one Halloween him and dad thought they would scare the crap out of all the trick or treaters, so they were hiding. Well Uncle Jake hid between 2 of the cars. So that when Dad walked by he grabbed dads leg, Uncle Jake almost got his nose broke,cause Dad kicked him.
Or the time he took us to SanFran to take Katie home, in his burgandy car with power windows. To a kid power windows was like riding in a space ship.Anyway I just wanted to pay homage to Uncle Jake, he has been gone a very long time, but I still think of him from time to time. And I feel his presence when In the Living Years comes on.
I think I was 9 when he died, it was Chirstmas, and he went down the red hill to his tiny 8X8 cabin, lit a fire of BBQ charqiol in a coffee can, layed down to sleep and never woke up. Leaving his family heartbroken.
Papa
In light of songs taking me back to special memories, another one is Grandpa Tell me 'Bout the Good Old days, by the Judds. My Papa used to sing that to me ALL the time.Everytime I hear it , if I am outside I see 2 white butterflys.When my Granny died there was one white butterfly at her funeral, fluttering around.When Papa died there was 2 at his. I believe these butterflies symbolize them, yes thats kind of hippydippy but i dont care. They had a hard tough life, but I do believe they loved each other. I do believe they are together now being who they wanted to be here on earth. They would both be so in love with their Grandbabies. Papa got to meet both of mine, but he was gone before Em came along. He would love them all so much.So would Granny.
Another song that reminds me of Papa, is Amanda by Waylon Jennings. I have it on my MP3.Sometimes I can smell his hair when that one comes on. God I miss them
No comments:
Post a Comment