Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So today I turned 30....





So today I turned 30. Last night when I went to bed I expected to wake up.... different. I didnt, I still woke up to Supercalifragilistic,my own bad breath,the dog whining and the birds chirping. I felt... well the same as I did last night. 30 is a number I have always been affraid of. When I was young I could have swore to you I would be dead by 30.It was always something I just KNEW would happen. It didnt,here I am 30 years old. With the same man for the last 15 years of my life.2 great kids,a home, a garden,my own hair color: ) Yesterday I thought, ughhhh what have I done with my life so far and was feeling a little down. Then this morning I thought about it again...these are things I have done in the last 10 years... I'm kind of impressed with myself
1. Gave birth to my first and favorite son (18th bday) naturally
2. Gave birth to my first and favorite daughter (20thbday)
3. Gave a very deserving couple the family they wanted more that anything. (right before my 22nd bday)
4. Gave a mother and father the happy ending with their son they longed for. (25th bday)naturally & VBAC!
5. I have given my self shots!
6. I let Mr.Monkey Man give me shots: )
7.Gained 50 pounds...
8. Lost most of it. (ok thats a lie : ) )
9. Stood up for myself
10.Worked in a Funeral Home, something I always wanted to do.
11.on my 26th birthday, I embalmed an elderly lady.
12.Moved 1000 miles away from my family.
13. Drove a Limo
14. Drove a hearse ( I want one SO BAD!! )
15.Went camping with my very best friend and fell asleep in a lake : )
16. Went to Yosemite all alone on the train and bus.
17. Took my kids to the beach
18.Regretted moving away from family.
19 Praised God for giving me the strength to move away
20.Wondered why God has us here
21. Got a Tattoo
22. Pierced my tongue
23. Went to a Barn Dance
24. Flown in an airplaine
25. Driven on the 405 in LA during rushour traffic.
26. Lost 3 grandparents.
27. Met some great people.
28.Moved, 8 times.
29.Found my home
30. Loved my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You have accomplished more than most people of 50! You go girl....keep it up!

Katmom said...

hey girl, what an exciting life...and just think your not even 1/2 way through....so get that Bucket List out & start having fun checking things in life off it as you experience them!
Laugh till you piddle your panties, cry till you are all cried out, run with abandon, dance with frivolity and sing as if no one is around...enjoy life and enjoy it with family & friends!
hugz
>^..^<