
So I thought about blogging a I miss my kids post. And I do, dont get me wrong. But they needed to get back in school. They missed their friends and they missed playing. Because I kept them locked up in this house tighter than fortknox and didnt let them out all summer.They ate nothing but PJ&Js and water. They deperatley needed to get away from me.
Ok just kidding, they didnt even want to go back to school. They wanted to sleep in, and have cereal and wear PJs all day. But I made them go to school.They wanted to ride the bus. I wanted to take them. They won. BUT Autumn did want me to meet her at school to walk her to her class. So I have a 2nd grader and 4thgrader.Weird! They were wondering this morning why I made them hot breakfasts, I told them it was getting colder, and they needed the brain food for school. They want to go back to cereal, I will win that one. I miss them alot, but it makes the afternoons so much sweeter. I love to have their snacks waiting for them and being at the door when they are off the bus. Makes me feel so June Cleaver-ish ; ) . They laugh at my aprons though.
I have been wanting a big dog for a long time, since we moved. So Friday we went and looked at a DutchShephard. She was beautiful, not in a looks way, but she seemed to have a sweet spirit. So we brought her home.She walked on a leash, would listen SO WELL. Loved on us, played with MightyMouse, she liked Kris and the kids. OUR kids. Then she snarled and growled and lunged at a 3 yearold who was minding his own business. So needless to say I couldnt keep her. I could not take a chance on her maming a kid. She was WAY too protective . So like a baby I bawled when I took her back, and told them please make sure she doesnt go to a home with small kids. They are a no kill shelter, so they will keep her until she is adopted. I was so bumed. But I couldnt with good concience keep her.It was her or the kids?
Anyway, so after my little scare last week with my tatas, they are much better, I havent had coffee, 'cept for a 1/2 cup sat and sun. And even those small amount I could tell the difference. I am going to get some Vitamin E , which is a suggestion from a FarmGirl. I have to tell you most o the ladies over at MaryJanesFarm, are the best. . I love it over there. I joined a yoyo swap and a pillow case swap and an apronswap.All but the pillows are done.Friday it will all be sent off. If its done I want it out of here, so I dont mess it up or the kids dont accidently spill on it.
I have been busy making Jam. We picked 30 gallons on Plums. MsCleone got 15 gallons and will sell the jam at her craft sale. Now we have a loaded apple tree. I have to get more jars to do applesauce and apple butter. Today I have to ride out to Rearden and pick up AuntDebs quilt. and then the rest of my day will be home, I want to get done today: Mop the floor, clean upstairs bathroom,my room and sewing room needs organized again. But even with my mess I am blessed. I have everything I could ever need. My kids, my husband a roof over our heads, food in our bellies
friends I know I can count on. What more do I need?
2 comments:
Hey Manda!
Sorry to hear that you couldn't keep the pup, but I think you made the best choice! Another big dog will enter your life soon, I know it!
*hugs*
Hi!
I just came here from MaryJane's Farm. I am pretty new there and I'm visiting some blogs to get to know everyone better. I hope you can visit me soon.
Can I add you to my friends?
Warmly,
Ruth
Post a Comment